lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From starz10de <farag_ah...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Index different files in different folders in lucene
Date Sun, 06 Jul 2008 10:36:31 GMT

hi  John ,

Is important to know my code ? I though it is general question! I use lucene
to index some files in one folder, but in my case I have different files
(text files) in two different folderes and I though may be lucene could
index both in same time. I am just using lucene as it is and I dont have any
special code. just indexing , I need this because i have an arabic and
english files and i dont want to index them in one index as it make no sense
becuase they are not related only through an alignment files, so when you
like to look for english string you dont need to look for it in arabic index
and so on. My question is it possible for lucene to index multiple folderes
in  same time and put them in several indexes ?
thanks