lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "saikrishna venkata pendyala" <pvsaikris...@gmail.com>
Subject Reg : lucene RemoteSearchable Object
Date Sun, 06 Jul 2008 13:59:40 GMT
Hi all,

I am currently developing a distributed search engine using Lucene.

I am able to search the multiple machines quite successfully. Each machine
using MultiSearcher to search the local indexes and  I  am creating
RemoteSearchable object with it.

The master machines searches these RemoteSearchable using
ParallelMultiSearchable.

Every thing is going fine except that, master is not able to keep track of
*dynamic* remote index.

These is what I did,

1. Made a index remotely available.
2. Searching the remote index continuously(with a loop) -- worked  fine
3. deleted the index from disk which was made remotly available.
4. Surprisingly, search is still working :(( (loop in step 2 continues)

With few other experiments I had to come to an conclusion that somewhere in
step 1 or step 2 index is being cached .

I am right ??

how can I slove this problem ?

regards,
Sai Krishna.