lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Darren Govoni <dar...@ontrenet.com>
Subject Boost token when storing document?
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2008 14:39:17 GMT
Hi,
  Sorry if I missed this in the documentation, but I wanted to know if
Lucene allows boosting of tokens _within_ a field when a document is
stored? Let me explain. Let's say I store the following field

numbers: one one one two three

Searching "numbers:" field with a boost on one will score higher for
this document because "one" is stronger in the field. What I want is to
not have to store "one" 3 times in the field.

numbers: one^3 two three

Or something like that _when_ I store the document. So when a search
comes, it sees that document as IF "one" was present 3 times. This way I
can manipulate the presence of tokens in a document without having to
waste space for them?

Thank you for any thought on this.

Darren