lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "ryan catambing" <ryan.catamb...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene ignoring query to a field containing single character values
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 15:46:54 GMT
Hi All,

I am using Lucene-core-2.3.2.

One of the fields that I have indexed with Lucene contains a single
character value which stands for a code.  When I make queries using a
StandardAnalyzer lucene is ignoring queries against the said field when
using the required operator (+), however when trying out the reverse of the
condition using the prohibit operator (-) it works ok.

Below is a sample of the lucene query:

//This does not work. It just ignores the industrial codes and shows
documents with the term toys
+industrialCode:a +businessName:toys

//Trying out the opposite -- this works shows documents not having the
industrial code "a"
-industrialCode:a +businessName:toys

Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

Thanks,