lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Soto" <lexs...@gmail.com>
Subject searching for words with symbols
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 15:58:52 GMT
Hello:

I have a problem where I need to search for the word "C++".
If I use StandardAnalyzer, the "+" characters are removed and the
search is done on just the "c" character which is not what is
intended.
Yet, I need to use standard analyzer for the other benefits it provides.

I think I need to write a specialized tokenizer (and accompanying
analyzer) that let the "+" characters pass.
I would use the JFlex provided one, modify it and add it to my project.

My question is:

Is there any simpler way to accomplish the same?

--
Alex Soto
lexsoto@gmail.com

-