lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: lucene search options
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 00:00:42 GMT

: I am using MultiFieldQueryParser. Can I use setAllowLeadingWildCard with
: MultiFieldQueryParser?I am doing the following:
:
:             parser = lucene.MultiFieldQueryParser(fields, analyzer )
:             parser.setAllowLeadingWildcard(True)
:             query = parser.parse(command)
:
: And I am getting this error:
:
:  ERROR (<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>, TypeError("descriptor 'parse'
: requires a 'QueryParser' object but received a 'str'",), <traceback object
: at 0x02DFA800>)

the sample code you posted doesn't look like java, and this is not an
error message you would get form java, so i'm guessing you are using a
port (.Net maybe?) ... the error message seems langauge specific (related
to the way the "parse" method is dispatched on a "QueryParser" object) so
you should consult the user communityfor the port you are using.

-Hoss