lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Options of Field constructor accepting Reader
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 00:26:05 GMT
: I was wondering why only the Field constructor which accepts a String offers
: Store and Index options? I understand there might be no logic in offering
: them for the TokenStream constructor, but what's wrong in Storing an input
: from a Reader, that 2.3.2 does not allow it?

if you want to store all of the text associated with a Reader, then
"something" needs to slurp all of that text into a String -- the Lucene
API makes you be explicit about doing that (via the String constructor)

-Hoss