lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Robert.Hasti...@ancept.com
Subject Sorting issues
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 15:44:37 GMT
I just implemented a sorting feature on our application where the user can
change the sort on a query and reexecute the search.  It works fine on
text fields where most of the documents have different field values.
However, on fields that are categories, that is, there are only four
distinct values for the category field and
all of the documents fit into a distinct category, the results are not in
the sorted values.

All of the sort fields are untokenized and stored. and each document has
only one value for the sorted field.

Are there any known issues (Lucene 2.3.0)?  How can I go about debugging
this? I have tried Luke, also I have the Lucene source.

Bob Hastings
Ancept Inc.