lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From lutan <ws...@live.cn>
Subject RE: The performance of lucene searching(web entironment) test
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 10:56:53 GMT

Thanks for you replay!> Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 09:19:46 +0200> From: te@statsbiblioteket.dk>
Subject: RE: The performance of lucene searching(web entironment) test> To: java-user@lucene.apache.org>
> On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 00:17 +0800, lutan wrote:> > In my test case , I start loadrunner
jsut test for 5 minute,and the response > > growth slowly.the TPS(transactions per second)
seems stoped at 10 finally.> > That's without reusing the searcher, right? In that case
the increased> rate must be attributed to the disk cache being warmed. Please try and>
test again with the searcher being reused.>

Yes ,I have test again with same entironment but to use singleton IndexSearcher.the  performance

has increased. there 100 concurrent user request use different keyword ,and get 60 TPS(2 TPS
before).
and now the bottleneck  seem to be CPU,and the CPU using approach 100%.and both RAM(using
70MB average),
HD using as normal.

> > In addition,does lucene has bottleneck about the number of documents or index size..?>
> Not to my knowledge. Search time and RAM consumption goes up, of course,> but I'm
not aware of any special point where things start to go bad at> an increased rate.>

Could I consider that as long as I have a larger capacity RAM ,and I
will get a good performance.

> > Does the hd entironment: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU 5110 @ 1.60GHz4GB > > ramgive
me 50+TPS?> > With an index of 10M/3GB? It doesn't sound unrealistic after warm-up.>
How much RAM is available for disk-cache, when the machine is running?>

I don't understand  " for disk-cache" meaning  very  clear.Could you please
explain it again.Thanks a lot!(does't cache on RAM?)
 does warm-up  ==  cache?
 how many docs do lucene will be cached default?and could I control the cache size?

I am new to lucene ,maybe my questions  looks  not professional.
forgive me.