lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From lutan <ws...@live.cn>
Subject RE: The performance of lucene searching(web entironment) test
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 16:17:24 GMT

Thanks  for the reply!

In my test case , I start loadrunner jsut test for 5 minute,and the response growth slowly.the
TPS(transactions per second) seems stoped at 10 finally.
I will run a test for a longer time again.
In addition,does lucene has bottleneck about the number of documents or index size..?

The performance of lucene searching(web entironment) test> To: java-user@lucene.apache.org>
> On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 21:11 +0800, lutan wrote:> > [A lot of text with code and
no newlines, making it very hard to read]> > In your test you're reusing the searcher.
For each search your program> performs, you will see faster response times, until the searcher
is> fully warmed.> > If your production-system, you re-open your searcher every time
and do> not have the benefit of a warmed searcher.> > So yes, Singleton searcher
helps, as opposed to opening a searcher for> every search. Try making a test where the
only thing you do is open a> searcher 100 times and you will see that it takes a non-trivial