lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ian Lea" <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BooleanQuery Example
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 10:04:17 GMT
Hi

It's pretty straightforward.  Create a BooleanQuery and add other
queries to it e.g.

BooleanQuery bq = new BooleanQuery();
TermQuery tq = new TermQuery(new Term(k, v));
RangeQuery rq = new RangeQuery(new Term(k1, v0),
			       new Term(k1, v1),
			       true);
bq.add(tq, BooleanClause.Occur.MUST);
bq.add(rq, BooleanClause.Occur.SHOULD);
searcher.search(bq, ...);

You can probably find other examples via Google or in the lucene unit
tests, or best of all, Lucene In Action section 3.4.

--
Ian.