lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Anshum <ansh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Read index into RAM?
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 18:34:23 GMT
Hi Darren,
Assuming that you use a *nix/*nux machine, the best way to work that out
would be to have your index moved to a tmpfs. Steps to have that done :
1. Mount a tmpfs  (It uses RAM by default)
2. Copy your index to your new mount point
3. Open your index readers pointing to the new directory location (on tmpfs)

This does the job pretty neat.

--
Anshum Gupta
Naukri Labs