lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Anshum <ansh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Copying a part of index and index structure
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2008 07:28:13 GMT
Hey Andrzej,
Could you tell me as to what research suggests this and why is it this way?
My calculation says the average load on each server would go down as I would
know what server to query for an index term as opposed to querying all
servers for terms.
I'm looking for a solution wherein I could break up the index based any
criteria and know what index to query for any input (and not query indexes
that would lead to zero results).

--
Anshum