lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to handle plural?
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 12:29:35 GMT
Really could use a sample sentence or two, maybe even a paragraph,
just to make sure I'm following you here.

However, this sounds like, to me anyway, as a job for some higher
order processing.  If I understand you right, you are asking for a
system that can reason about the types of things in the text.  That
is, you need to be able to identify the animals, as well as relate
that there is some language suggesting there is one or more of them.
If that is what you are talking about, the problem goes well beyond
Lucene.

If, on the other hand, you already have this structure overlaid on top
of the document, then it sounds like you just need to come up with the
proper field structure to allow you to write queries like 5 AND Zebra

-Grant