lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Aditi Goyal" <aditigupt...@gmail.com>
Subject lucene search options
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2008 06:21:17 GMT
Hi All,

I am using Lucene for creating indexes. There is one field as "email" which
stored the email id.
I have few queries regarding searching:
1. I want to search for all the records having domain as "gmail.com" . So,
is there a way by which I can do a partial search on "email" field such that
I get the records matching only the domain name.
I think wildcard (*) cannot be used in the beginning :(

2. If I just want to search for the records which are not matching email as
"abc@xyz.com"
How can I search for it. Here, MUST_NOT cannot be used alone. Is there a way
out?

Please help.

Thanks,
Aditi