lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Allahbaksh Mohammedali Asadullah <Allahbaksh_Asadul...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: lucene search options
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2008 06:25:19 GMT
One way of doing it is while parsing email if it has .gmail.com add it to different field also.
Warm Regards,
Allahbaksh
Allahbaksh Mohammedali Asadullah,
Software Engineering & Technology Labs,
Infosys Technolgies Limited, Electronics City,
Hosur Road, Bangalore 560 100, India.
*Board: +91-80-28520261 | Extn: 53915 | Direct: 41173915.
Fax: +91-80-28520362 | Mobile: +91-9845505322.
http://allahbaksh.blogspot.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Aditi Goyal [mailto:aditigupta20@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2008 11:51 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: lucene search options

Hi All,

I am using Lucene for creating indexes. There is one field as "email" which
stored the email id.
I have few queries regarding searching:
1. I want to search for all the records having domain as "gmail.com" . So,
is there a way by which I can do a partial search on "email" field such that
I get the records matching only the domain name.
I think wildcard (*) cannot be used in the beginning :(

2. If I just want to search for the records which are not matching email as
"abc@xyz.com"
How can I search for it. Here, MUST_NOT cannot be used alone. Is there a way
out?

Please help.

Thanks,
Aditi