lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: Copying a part of index and index structure
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2008 07:03:39 GMT
Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Not doable with Lucene as far as I know.  I'm not even certain you
> would want to split by term.  What would that do TF IDF in your
> distributed search?  What's wrong with splitting t the doc level?
> There are about half a dozen distributed (Lucene) search solutions
> floating around, why not reuse them?

Distributed search that uses the splitting by term is an alternative to
splitting by doc known in literature. However, a few recent research
papers that I'm familiar with indicate that this is eventually a more
complex and less efficient option than splitting by doc.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><