lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Marcelo Schneider <marcelo.schnei...@digitro.com.br>
Subject Is it possible to get only one Field from a Document?
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 11:28:46 GMT
I have a environment where we have indexed a DB with about 6mil entries
with Lucene, and each row has 25 columns. 20 cols have integer codes
used as filters (indexed/unstored), and the other 5 have (very) large
texts (also indexed/unstored). Currently the search I'm doing is like this:

Hits hits = searcher.search(query);
for (int i = 0; i < this.hits.length(); i++) {
    Document doc = this.hits.doc(i);
    String s = doc.get("fieldWanted");
     // does everything with the result, etc
}

We are trying to reduce memory usage, however. Is it possible to return
a Document object with just the Fields I really need? In the example,
each Document have 25 fields, and I just need one... would this
theoretically make any difference?

--

Marcelo Frantz Schneider
SIC - TCO - Tecnologia em Engenharia do Conhecimento

--
Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo sistema de antivírus da Dígitro e
acredita-se estar livre de perigo.