lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bernd Mueller <bernd.muel...@scai.fhg.de>
Subject Re: indexing images of a document
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:36:21 GMT
Hi Erick,

Thanks for your fast reply.

I will try to explain what I mean with image stuff. An image in
xml-documents is usually an url to the location where the image is
stored. Additionally, such an image tag contains information like
offset, width and height. I am thinking about storing the images (binary
data) and meta-information (offset, width, height) in one field instead
of using these tagging information as values for a field in the index.

I guess, your last statement "Lucene doesn't index binary data..."
indicates that this isn't possible...

Regards,

Bernd