lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with search an exact word and stemming
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 12:53:52 GMT
The way I've solved this is to index the stemmed *and* a special
token at the same position (see Synonym Analyzer). The From your
example, say you're indexing progresser. You'd go ahead and index the
stemmed version , "progress", AND you'd also index "progresser$"
at the same offset. Now, when you want exact matches, search for
the token with the $ at the end.

This does make your index a bit larger, but not as much as you'd expect.

Best
Erick