lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Cam Bazz" <>
Subject fieldNorm and fieldValueUniqueness
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 14:04:40 GMT

When you look at the fields of a document with Luke, there is a norm column.
I have not been able to figure out what that is.

The reason I am asking is that I am trying to build a uniqueness model. My
Index is structured as follows:

classID, textID, K, V

classID is a given class. textID is a document ID. each document is formed
by multiple K,V pairs.

I want to measure uniqueness of V, with both inter classID and inter textID.
In other words, given a document (K,V pair) I would like to know how unique
is the V both inside the classID, and textID.

Any ideas/recomendations/help greatly appreciated.