lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Concurrent query benchmarks
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 00:50:53 GMT
Hi Glen,

Thanks for sharing.  Does your benchmarking tool build on top of contrib/benchmark? (not sure
if that one lets you specify the number of concurrent threads -- if it does not, perhaps this
is an opportunity to add this functionality).

I couldn't find info about the index format (compound or not) you used.  It would be good
to see the comparison with high number of threads for the 2 index formats.  It would also
be good to see the numbers when the index has no deletion and when it has some percentage
of docs deleted.

Finally, if you end up extending contrib/benchmark, I think just having the ability to pump
the results of that into a gnuplot script would be nice to have.  I've written a standalone
benchmarking tool that did pretty much what yours seems to do, but I wrote it for Technorati,
so I can't release it. :(

Otis