lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From 1world1love <jd_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: retrieve all docs efficiently - just one field
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 13:45:37 GMT

karl wettin-3 wrote:

> I might be missing something here -- can't you just add the age field
> to the index and include that in your query?

Thanks for the response Karl:

I just used the age field as an example, but in reality the structured data
is copious and complex relationships exist so there are dozens of such
tables to manage it. The unstructured data is actually the more simplistic
element of the data model.

Also, in presenting the data, we must perform a number of aggregations and
summaries that are fairly straightforward in SQL, but would be quite tedious
and time consuming to do with lucene/programatically.