lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Marcelo Ochoa" <>
Subject ANN: New release Lucene-Oracle integration
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2008 17:10:10 GMT
Hi All:
  I am just releasing a new binary distribution of Oracle-Lucene
integration by using Lucene-OJVM Data Catridge.
  Here the change log:
* Compiled against Lucene 2.3.2 production release
* Used latest API for merging based on RAM usage
* Use Writer for deleting during Sync
* Confirm 4x improvement during indexing reported by Lucene dev. group
* Fix workaround which changes order of the rowids in ODCRIDList
* Added an Spanish WikiPedia Analyzer for testing
* Reports IOException instead of RunTimeException to signal EOF or
File Not Found
* Decouple Flush functionality from TableIndexer
  I would like to say thanks a lot to Michael McCandless for helping
to solve nice glitch with Oracle JIT compiler which causes that
DocumentsWriter class do not work on release.
  11g binary version have a workaround for this problem.
  Oracle OJVM dev. team told me that this problems its not
reproducible on 11.2 and versions.
  Latest binary dist. can be downloaded at:
  Also I have posted a new entry at my blog with some performance
experience against Wikipedia Spanish dump uploaded to XMLDB:
  Latest documentation is at:
  Best regards, Marcelo.

Marcelo F. Ochoa
Do you Know DBPrism? Look @ DB Prism's Web Site
More info?
Chapter 17 of the book "Programming the Oracle Database using Java &
Web Services"
Chapter 21 of the book "Professional XML Databases" - Wrox Press
Chapter 8 of the book "Oracle & Open Source" - O'Reilly

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message