lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Marcelo Ochoa" <marcelo.oc...@gmail.com>
Subject ANN: New release Lucene-Oracle integration
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2008 17:10:10 GMT
Hi All:
  I am just releasing a new binary distribution of Oracle-Lucene
integration by using Lucene-OJVM Data Catridge.
  Here the change log:
* Compiled against Lucene 2.3.2 production release
* Used latest API for merging based on RAM usage
* Use Writer for deleting during Sync
* Confirm 4x improvement during indexing reported by Lucene dev. group
* Fix workaround which changes order of the rowids in ODCRIDList
* Added an Spanish WikiPedia Analyzer for testing
* Reports IOException instead of RunTimeException to signal EOF or
File Not Found
* Decouple Flush functionality from TableIndexer
  I would like to say thanks a lot to Michael McCandless for helping
to solve nice glitch with Oracle JIT compiler which causes that
DocumentsWriter class do not work on 11.1.0.6 release.
  11g binary version have a workaround for this problem.
  Oracle OJVM dev. team told me that this problems its not
reproducible on 11.2 and 11.1.0.7 versions.
  Latest binary dist. can be downloaded at:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=56183&package_id=255524&release_id=603580
  Also I have posted a new entry at my blog with some performance
experience against Wikipedia Spanish dump uploaded to XMLDB:
http://marceloochoa.blogspot.com/2008/06/new-binary-release-of-lucene-oracle.html
  Latest documentation is at:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ddgw7sjp_54fgj9kg
  Best regards, Marcelo.