lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Toke Eskildsen ...@statsbiblioteket.dk>
Subject RE: The performance of lucene searching(web entironment) test
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 07:19:46 GMT
On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 00:17 +0800, lutan wrote:
> In my test case , I start loadrunner jsut test for 5 minute,and the response
> growth slowly.the TPS(transactions per second) seems stoped at 10 finally.

That's without reusing the searcher, right? In that case the increased
rate must be attributed to the disk cache being warmed. Please try and
test again with the searcher being reused.

> In addition,does lucene has bottleneck about the number of documents or index size..?

Not to my knowledge. Search time and RAM consumption goes up, of course,
but I'm not aware of any special point where things start to go bad at
an increased rate.

> Does the hd entironment: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU   5110  @ 1.60GHz4GB
> ramgive  me     50+TPS?

With an index of 10M/3GB? It doesn't sound unrealistic after warm-up.
How much RAM is available for disk-cache, when the machine is running?