lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How Lucene Search
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 12:32:59 GMT
The index is opened via the IndexReader and then it is a variety of
places that factor into scoring, such as the Query, Weight and Scorer
classes.  Probably the easiest place to start is the TermQuery and
TermScorer.

You might also have a read through http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_3_2/scoring.html

You might also try stepping through the path of a simple TermQuery via
a debugger as it enters the searcher and then expand to try
BooleanQuery and some of the other queries.

Cheers,
Grant

On Jun 26, 2008, at 3:24 AM, blazingwolf7 wrote:

> hi,
>
> I am fairly new to Lucene and is currently going over its source
> code. I had
> read through the code for a few times, mapping it and all but I
> seems to be
> facing a problem. I could go all the way to the calculation of score
> for
> each result obtain, but strangely I did not managed to locate the
> part where
> Lucene open the index and check for the matching term.
>
> What I mean is that, I want to check on how Lucene actually open the
> and perform the search. I went through all the methods in IndexReader,
> IndexSearcher and some other related class but still fail to locate
> the
> method responsible.
>
> Could anyone help me with this? Thanks
> --