lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sascha Fahl <>
Date Sat, 07 Jun 2008 14:34:22 GMT
I am quite new to the lucene scene and I need your help :-)
There are several document classes. Lets say documents from class A,
B, C, D and E. What I need is the following:

1) I want to search over all classes together. So the query should hit
results from all different classes - ideally it is possible
to limit the results from each class to lets say 10 or 20 results per

2) I want to search over all classes seperately.

My first idea was to have one index per class and use a MultiReader
for searching over all classes and use an IndexReader for
searching over the classes seperately. Right now I have 3 questions:
	1. Is that a good idea?
	2. Is there a way to identify the index a result comes from?
	3. Is it possible to limit the results to a number of hits from each

Thank you,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message