lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Date Range Query: How to get a higher score for dates close to a reference date ?
Date Tue, 27 May 2008 20:37:40 GMT

: In the application I'm developing I'm able to query on 2 properties of my
: model: Name and BirthDay. Records that have an exact match on the name
: property and for which the birthday is close to the specified BirthDay query
: parameter should have a higher score.

use a RangeFilter to constrain your results to therange you want, then use
a ValueSourceQuery to score documents higher when the value of the
BirthDay field is "nearer" your target date.

-Hoss