lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <>
Subject RE: setPositionIncrement questions
Date Fri, 16 May 2008 22:24:41 GMT

: I ended up hacking StandardTokenizer::next() to check for $^$^$, and if it
: is there then set the current Token PositionIncrement to 500 and resume the

from what i remember of your use case, it probably would have been a lot
easier to just add each paragraph as a seperate field instance (and rely
on IndexWriter to call yourAnalyzer.getPositionIncrementGap() where you
would return 500) then to inject magic tokens and make your analyzer treat
them special -- but if you've already done it, you've already done it.

: tokenizing loop (so the word which will be read into that Term will have
: position increment of 500). As far as I can tell it is working well - how
: can I check the terms positions in a document's field and see they have been
: incremented indeed? I have tried Luke, but it doesn't seem to allow this. My
: field is tokenized and not stored.

you could trust that it works :) ... or you could query for a phrase that
shouldn't work untill you increase teh slop to 500 ... or you could use
something like IndexReader.termPositions to iterate over all the terms and
see where they are.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message