lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Alex <chy101...@hotmail.com>
Subject slow FieldCacheImpl.createValue
Date Mon, 19 May 2008 18:56:48 GMT
hi,
I have a ValueSourceQuery that makes use of a stored field. The field contains roughly 27.27
million untokenized terms.
The average length of each term is 8 digits.
The first search always takes around 5 minutes, and it is due to the createValue function
in the FieldCacheImpl.
The search is executed on a RAID5 disk array of 15k rpm.

any hints as to make the fieldcache createvalue faster ? I have tried a bigger cache size
for BufferedIndexReader (8kb or more) ,
but the time it took for createValue to execute is still in the realm of 4, 5 minutes.

thanks

5 GB 超大容量 、創新便捷、安全防護垃圾郵件和病毒 — 立即升級 Windows
Live Hotmail
http://mail.live.com