lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Anshum <ansh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: slow FieldCacheImpl.createValue
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 05:32:38 GMT
Hey Alex,
I guess you haven't tried warming up the engine before putting it to use.
Though one of the simpler implementation, you could try warming up the
engine first by sending a few searches and then put it to use (put it into
the serving machine loop). You could also do a little bit of preprocessing
while initializing the daemon rather than waiting for the search to hit it.
I hope I understood the problem correctly here, else would have to look into
it.

--
Anshum

2008/5/20 Alex <chy1013m1@hotmail.com>:

> hi,
> I have a ValueSourceQuery that makes use of a stored field. The field
> contains roughly 27.27 million untokenized terms.
> The average length of each term is 8 digits.
> The first search always takes around 5 minutes, and it is due to the
> createValue function in the FieldCacheImpl.
> The search is executed on a RAID5 disk array of 15k rpm.
>

> any hints as to make the fieldcache createvalue faster ? I have tried a
> bigger cache size for BufferedIndexReader (8kb or more) ,
> but the time it took for createValue to execute is still in the realm of 4,
> 5 minutes.
>

> thanks

> 5 GB 超大容量 、創新便捷、安全防護垃圾郵件和病毒 — 立即升級
Windows Live Hotmail
> http://mail.live.com

The facts expressed here belong to everybody, the opinions to me.
The distinction is yours to draw............