lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From legrand thomas <thomaslegran...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Search for long titles - wildcard queries
Date Sat, 10 May 2008 10:32:42 GMT
Dear all,

  I'm a recent Lucene user and I'm looking for the best way to perform searches over long
titles (ad titles on a website).

  For example, if the following documents exist:

  - TITLE, "Fender telecaster"
  - TITLE, "Land rover defender"
  - TITLE, "I sale a wonderful fender stratocaster"

  When searching "fender", I'd like to get these three documents. I expect the same results
with "fende*" or "*ender*" (I want to let the possibility to the final user to manually enter
a "*" ).
  When searching "I sale a wonderful fender stratocaster", I'd like to get the third document
(easy to guess :-).

  I think I cannot use the WildcardQuery because the term shouldn't start with "*" of "?".
Should I use a QueryParser ? How can I do it ?

  It would be great if you could help me,

  Thanks in advance,
  Tom