lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jon Loken" <Jon.Lo...@bipsolutions.com>
Subject Wild carded phrases
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 08:19:56 GMT
Hi all,

First of all, well done to the implementers of Lucene. The performance
is incredible! We get search results within 20-40 ms on an index about
1.5GB.

I could not find a Lucene maillist search engine, something I am a bit
surprised about!

My question is how I can implement wild carded phrases searches like:
"boiler replac*"
This will pick up text:
"boiler replacement" and "boiler replacing"
But not:
"boiling replacement" or "boiler user replacment"

I am using the queryParser through Spring-lucene-module.

I did simply try textToSearch= "boiler replac*", but this did not work
as anticipated. Have not analyzed properly, but it seemed to interpret
this as:
boiler OR replac*

Is there a way to implements this?

Many thanks,
Jon

BiP Solutions Limited is a company registered in Scotland with Company Number SC086146 and
VAT number 38303966 and having its registered office at Park House, 300 Glasgow Road, Shawfield,
This e-mail (and any attachment) is intended only for the attention of the addressee(s). Its
unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted. If you are not the intended
recipient, please destroyall copies and inform the sender by return e-mail.
This e-mail (whether you are the sender or the recipient) may be monitored, recorded and retained
by BiP Solutions Ltd.
E-mail monitoring/ blocking software may be used, and e-mail content may be read at any time.
You have a responsibility to ensure laws are not broken when composing or forwarding e-mails
and their contents.