lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Glen Newton" <glen.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improving search performance
Date Thu, 22 May 2008 17:59:10 GMT
2008/5/22 Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com>:
> Some quick feedback.  Those are all very expensive queries (wildcards and ranges).  The
first thing I'd do is try without Hibernate Search (to make sure HS is not the bottleneck).
 100 threads is a lot, I'm guessing you are reusing your searcher, which is good, but you
will actually improve performance a bit if you work with a small pool of searchers instead
of a single searcher.

Any chance you could explain why this is the case? Is it because the
parallel searches are serialized in the single searcher?

-Glen

-