lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Stephane Nicoll" <stephane.nic...@gmail.com>
Subject confused about an entry in the FAQ
Date Sat, 10 May 2008 13:35:47 GMT
>From the FAQ:

"Don't iterate over more hits than needed.
Iterating over all hits is slow for two reasons. Firstly, the search()
method that returns a Hits object re-executes the search internally
when you need more than 100 hits. Solution: use the search method that
takes a HitCollector instead."

I had a look to HitCollector but it returns the documentId and the
javadoc recommends not fetching the original query there.

I have to return *one* indexed field from the query result and
currently I am iterating on all results and it's slow. Can you explain
a bit more how I could improve this?

Thanks,
St├ęphane

--
Large Systems Suck: This rule is 100% transitive. If you build one,
you suck" -- S.Yegge