lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Phillip Rhodes" <spamsu...@rhoderunner.com>
Subject date filter filtering out non-dated items?
Date Thu, 29 May 2008 19:31:27 GMT

We have many different types of objects that we are indexing with Lucene (coupons, roadtrips,
events, attractions, etc).

Because events and coupons can expire, we would like to apply a date filter to the query to
filter out the expired items, but the problem is that there are other objects like attractions
and roadtrips that do not expire.  Anything that doesn't have a start/end date would be filtered
out of the results.

While I could add a future date to these documents, this kind of feels hackish and I would
be interested in other ideas on how to filter out expired documents.

Thanks for your time.

Phillip