lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paolo Capriotti <paolo.caprio...@deri.org>
Subject Using stored fields for scoring
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 14:07:47 GMT
Hi all,
I am looking for a way to include a stored (non-indexed) field in the
computation of scores for a query.
I have tried using a ValueSourceQuery with a ValueSource subclass that
simply retrieves the document and gets the field, like:

public float floatVal(int doc) {
   reader.document(doc, selector).getBinaryValue("myfield");
}

but that's too slow, because it ends up doing a lookup for each matching
document.
Is it possible to use a stored field in a FunctionQuery or
ValueSourceQuery in an efficient way (i.e. not dependent on the number
of retrieved documents)?
If the answer is yes, is it possible to update such a value in place
without removing and reindexing the document?

Thanks in advance.

Paolo Capriotti