lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Limit of Lucene
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 17:59:34 GMT
Michael Siu skrev:
> What is the limit of Lucene:  # of docs per index?

Integer.MAX_VALUE

Multiple indices joined in a single MultiWhatNot is still limited to
that number.

> If RangeFilter.Bits(), for example, it initializes a bitset to the size of
> maxDoc from the indexReader.  I wonder what happen if the # of docs is huge,
> say MaxInt (4G in 32bit or 2^63 in 64 bit)?

ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException ?

It should not be that difficult to upgrade int to longs, but it is a
rather large job.

How many documents do you have? You might want to consider alternative
ways to represent your corpus in the index so it takes less documents.

           karl