lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jamie <ja...@stimulussoft.com>
Subject Re: Serious Index Corruption Error - FileNotFoundException
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 08:06:12 GMT
Hi Michael

I had in fact preempted you and moved the delete lock code to a startup
function. However, I found a nice little optimization that seems to
force the writer to close when the process is manually killed. I added a
JVM shutdown hook (i.e. using Runtime.getRuntime().addShutdownHook(this)
) that closes the writer. This seems to reduce the number of instances
where the lock file is left lying around.  Perhaps, it is something that
could be included in the base lucene code. Also, are you aware of any
chkdsk like utility for Lucene? i.e. in the event that an index is
corrupted through disk error or otherwise?

Many thanks!

Jamie