lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Vaijanath N. Rao" <vaijanath...@aol.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Indexing structure
Date Sun, 04 May 2008 13:35:49 GMT
Hi Chris,

Sorry for the cross-posting and also for not making clear the problem.
Let me try to explain the problem at my hand.

I am tying to write a CBIR (Content Based Image Reterival)  frame work
using lucene. As each document have entities such as title, description,
author and so on. I am decomposing each image and extracting features
like color histogram, texture and other important attributes from every
image and indexing it in lucene such a way that each of this attribute
is a field. I convert the float values as string for every feature that
I have extracted from the image.

While searching for similar image I extract the same set of features for
the query Image and than query lucene to get all those images which have
atleast one of the features, than I do the re-ranking according to the
difference of the features. Once the re-ranking is done I submit the
result.

Here is where I need help, I need to know an optimal way to store the
values, so that searching take less time and I don't have to re-ranking.
Is there any way I can compare array of values rather than one value.
What I essentially need is to get the query of type, give me all those
features which are less than K distance from the current feature.

--Thanks and Regagrds
Vaijanath