lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updating Lucene Index Dynamically
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 13:13:49 GMT
See the IndexModifier class. This assumes that by dynamically modify you
mean
change existing documents.

If all you're doing is adding new documents, you can freely add new docs to
an
existing index. There's a parameter on IndexWriter that determines whether
your index is opened for appending or overwritten.

If these don't work for you, perhaps you could explain more about how your
data changes so better suggestions can be offered.

Best
Erick