lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Timo Nentwig <>
Subject @todo parallelize this one too
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 17:38:59 GMT

Unfortunately the search method in ParallelMultiSearcher which is able to take
an HitCollector isn't running in parallel and there' even an issue regarding
this (LUCENE-990) with zero watchers or votes :-\

So this isn't something that's likely to be done in near future, is it?

And question #2: what's the problem parallizing this one actually? Naively I
would simply run the queries in multiple threads and OR the resulting BitSets
(well, which is a implementation detail and not part of the HitCollector
API...). And I must admit that I don't know what this scorer.score(reader) in
the corresponding method in IndexSearcher really does actually...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message