lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From vatsan <juggernautvat...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene Web Service - Client Program
Date Fri, 30 May 2008 18:42:02 GMT

I am new to web services.

This is the situation:

We have a document/corpus indexed by Lucene and say it resides on
C:\Lucene\Index

We are hosting Lucene as a web service (following the instructions provided
at www.lucene-ws.net) where I have provided the information regarding the
index directory and stuff and started lucene.war as a webservice.

I am required to query the indices created, using search terms, from a
remote client using the Lucene Web Services API.

However, there is not enough information available on their website for a
newbie like me to be able to figure this out.

Any pointers will be very helpful.

What I am looking for is some sample code to call any function in the Lucene
Web Service API.
For example:

public String[] queryIndex(String searchTerm)
{
        // Call any function in the Lucene Search API

       //  Parse the returned result? (I believe this is in the XML form?
How do i obtain it as text?

       // return the result as say a collection of strings??
}

(I am not familiar with the GET/POST methods, so kindly be a little verbose
if you are referring to these methods in your response.)

Thank you very much.
vatsan.