lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From DanaWhite <philry...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Lucene's Mean Average Precision
Date Sun, 04 May 2008 23:28:57 GMT

I arrived at this MAP by modifying IndexFiles to use a StopAnalyzer and work
in a way that was acceptable for TReC files.  The SearchFiles was modified
to use a StopAnalyzer and output data in a trec_eval suitable format.
Trec_eval reports about 11% at this setting.

I am not competing in TReC I am just doing an evaluation of different search
engines.

At this point I am not going to add anything to Lucene to get a higher MAP
because I am trying to get a feel for its "out of the box" performance.

Dana