lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: index corruption with latest lucene
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 23:20:08 GMT
I am getting even more confused. I luckily found a copy of one of the
corrupted test indices that i had made on 4/28/08...lucky as its the
only one I have ever made :) It doesn't have the problem. This is very
interesting to me, because the other site that has the problem has been
in action for months now. Both were running with my previous version of
Lucene, which was a trunk build from around when 2.3 was released I
think. Just seems odd that the test index was corrupted so recently.

So I am a bit stuck...its probably my own problem though, so unless
someone else sees it, Ill just report back if/when I find out more.

- Mark

On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 18:07 -0400, Michael McCandless wrote:
> Mark,
>
> Which exact version of the JRE are you using?
>
> Mike
>
> Mark Miller wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 17:26 -0400, Michael McCandless wrote:
> >> Actually that stack trace looks like it's from trunk, not from 2.3.2
> >> (pre)?  OK, I think you said it's from "post 2.3 trunk".
> >
> > Right...the Lucene that showed the problem was build from a trunk grab
> > late last week. One of the problem indexes was built with a 2.0 or 2.1
> > and the other was built with a post 2.3 trunk (but weeks (prob months)
> > before the one i grabbed late last week :) )
> >

> >> Another question: is autoCommit false or true?
> > false
> >

> > If I can get you an affected index I will.
> >
> > - mark
> >

> >> More responses below:

> >> It would be great to know if that workaround works (and indeed it's a
> >> per-doc issue).  I'd also love to know how many docs are affected,
> >> when you hit this.
> >>
> >> If there's any way to zip up the index and send it to me, even just
> >> the files for the one segment that has the corrupted doc, that'd be
> >> great.

I cant