lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "过佳" <ntts...@gmail.com>
Subject How to add PageRank score with lucene's relevant score in sorting
Date Wed, 28 May 2008 10:02:24 GMT
hi all ,
     I have a problem that how to "combine" two score to sort the search
result documents.
     for example I  have 10 million pages in lucene index , and i know their
pagerank scores. i give a query to it , every docs returned have a
lucene-score, mark it as R (relevant score), and  i  also  have its
pagerank score, mark it as P,  what i need is i want to sort the search
result base on the value "P+R".  You know if i store the pagerank score in
index and get it every search time , then compute P+R , then sort it , this
way is too slow. in my system , when the search hits 500000 result , the
sort may cost about 20s.
   Sorry for my poor english.  Anyone has a good idea?

Best
Jarvis