lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Joe K" <chos...@gmail.com>
Subject WildCardQuery and TooManyClauses
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 12:53:06 GMT
Hello everybody,
I know there was written a tons of words about this issue, but I'm just not
clear enough about it.

I have these facts:

1. my query is always 1 letter and *, eg. M*
2. i always want to get max 200 results, no more!
3. i don't want to fix this issue by setting maxClauseCount

I just don't see the easy way how to get my results, did i missed something?

>From what I've read here I know that probably i should play with filters or
with WildCardEnum, but why?
I just want to get simple this:
SELECT FROM XXX WHERE XXX.name LIKE 'M%' LIMIT 200;

(there is no filtering in this query except the wildcard itself)

Please, what is the easiest solution to achieve this?

Thanks in advance,
Chose