lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "João Rodrigues" <anar...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Removing duplicate entries
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2008 17:57:37 GMT
Hello all. Before I ask my question, I'd like to clarify I've read the
manual and searched the archives, and if I'm here, it is because I've
neither found a suitable answer, or (most likely) I didn't understand those
which I did find :)

I have an index built, which I update regularly. However, there may be some
entries, at the time of the update, which are already in the index. As such,
I'd like to remove such entries. I've read about some IndexReader.termEnum
stuff, but I can't make anything of it =\ I can (and will) rebuild my index,
so I'm looking at a "runtime" approach.

Here's what I'd like to do: I'm indexing the new documents to a RAM Index.
Then, I merge it with the FS one, already on the hard drive and containing
all the old documents. Is there a way to check if a given document is in the
index, and if it is, replace it with this new one? I know (or at least think
I know) how to do this "replacement", but it's the comparison I'm failing to
grasp.

Thanks for any answers :)

--
João Rodrigues