lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Update of stored and non-indexed binary fields
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 03:39:28 GMT
Renaud,
You'll have to "update" the whole Document in order to change the value of one of its fields.
 The only way around that is to store all your fields, which would let you pull the Document
from the index, update one of its fields, and add it back to the index.

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: Renaud Delbru <renaud.delbru@deri.org>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, April 8, 2008 6:56:00 PM
Subject: Update of stored and non-indexed binary fields

Hi,

I am aware that there is already lots of discussions about field updates
in Lucene. I post my question anyway because I don't find any
information about my problem, which is to update a stored but
non-indexed field.
For example, I have for each document a stored and non-indexed binary
field 'pagerank', which is a float and which is used for computing the
score of a document. As the document collection evolves, the pagerank
for each document evolves also.
Since the pagerank value is stored as a float (BinaryValue), I guess
that the value size (in byte) is fixed in the field data (.fdt) file.
Then, could it be possible to overwrite the old float value by a new
float value ?

Thanks,
--
Renaud delbru