lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mathieu Lecarme <math...@garambrogne.net>
Subject Re: Lucene index on relational data
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2008 08:38:58 GMT
> Regarding data and its relationships - the use case I
> am trying to solve is to partition my data into 2
> indexes, a primary index that will contains majority
> of the data and it is fairly static. The secondary
> index will have related information for the same data
> set in primary index and this related information
> inside secondary index will change very frequently.
>
> The no of documents in each index will go in millions
> and hence, re-building index in memory will not work
> :-(

When you've got too many document, you can shard it.
If you're lucky enough, you can split your data in autonomous split,
but you always can ask multiple index in one search.
You can even split with a modulo or something like that.

With your two index pattern, why don't you use a foreign stored key in
your dynamic index?

M.